Nostradamus Ate My Hamster

Friday, July 01, 2005

Back on the horse again


Happy 4th of July!!



Happy Canada Day!!




Ok, so it looks like I'll be writing in the morning before work gets crazy since I'm too lazy to get a computer for home! So yesterday was a little better as the day went on. My paycheck went through this morning and after calling everyone I know who owns a dog, I'm a little more comforted that my dog will not die from fleas...but I still have to go put gas in my car after work! But today already looks better just b/c I got to sleep a little later and still had time to get everything done this morning. Not to mention the fact that I discovered that "Saved by the Bell" not only comes on at 6am (which I'm never awake for anyway), but also has 2 back to back episodes at 7 and 7:30am! That totally made my morning! I love me some Zack Morris!!!


So I was given a book yesterday by a friend of mine that I totally suggest for any girl/woman who thinks that they can't read men! Can I get an AMEN?! It's called He's Just Not That Into You! Wow! Pretty harsh, but a great way to open my eyes. I mean, it's not anything I haven't heard of before, but it helps to have it thrown in my face every now and then to remind me not to make excuses! Basically it says, if he's interested, he'll pursue. No guesswork! Maybe I just always assumed it was supposed to be this hard! Hmm...something to think about!


Here's a great little excerpt from the book to give you a little taste if you haven't already read it...

He says: "Oh sure, they say they're busy. They say that they didn't have even a moment in their insanely busy day to pick up the phone. It was just that crazy. All lies. With the advent of cell phones and speed dialing, it is almost impossible not to call you. Sometimes I call people from my pants pocket when I don't even mean to. If I were into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day. Which would be a day that I would never be too busy to call you. "

She says: "There is something great about knowing that my only job is to be as happy as I can be about my life, and feel as good as I can about myself, and to lead as full and eventful a life as I can, so that it doesn't ever feel like I'm just waiting around for some guy to ask me out. And most importantly, it's good for us all to remember that we don't need to scheme and plot, or beg anyone to ask us out. We're fantastic. "

I'm so excited it's already Friday! Not that I have any major plans, but I'm happy just hanging out with my pup! Sunday I'm going to a rooftop 4th of July party, so that should be fun! Today I'm having lunch with the girls! I really want to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith and War of the Worlds sometime this weekend, but we'll see how that goes! Now that I feel like I'm rambling, I'll go ahead and end this entry! Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll have more news (hopefully exciting) on Tuesday (3 day weekend, here I come)!

1 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Lisa's Lookout said...

I just realized that I had a comment! That makes me so excited!!!! Thanks for the book info...I think I've heard of that one before!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home