Nostradamus Ate My Hamster

Friday, September 23, 2005

Hurricane Rita thoughts...

For all of those people who asked me where I was from and then curiously looked at me saying "where's Beaumont?"...now you know! This is definitely NOT the way we wanted to make our television debut. I am blessed to live in Dallas now and did not have to drive...or sit, rather...in the evacuation traffic. My family, on the other hand, did! My parents, grandmother, brother and sister left Beaumont at approx. 11am yesterday morning (9/22) and arrived in Dallas this morning at 7am! My sister called me at 7am crying b/c she was so drained...frustration, exhaustion, hunger!

I have a pretty large family and it seems as if most of them are pretty dispersed right now. My other grandparents are in College Station with my cousin and her parents. An aunt and uncle is in Shreveport, another in Hemphill, TX at their camp (they may be heading further north this afternoon) and one who is MIA. Her, my uncle and cousin left Beaumont around noon yesterday and last I heard, were running out of gas only 50 miles outside of Beaumont. The most recent communication with her was midnight last night and she was in a panic. All we can do is sit and wait.

I could ramble on for days, but I have a million phone calls to make and I need to make it over to my parents' hotel. Please keep everyone affected in your prayers and I'll try to update every so often!